iRide Mtn. Bike Camp p/b City of Coquitlam
Spend half the day mountain biking with Cycling BC’s iRide instructors, tackling hills, skills, and stunts. Then play a variety of sports activities with City of Coquitlam summer camp leaders to complete a fun-filled and energetic week of camp.
Rental equipment is available upon request. Bicycle storage is provided by Cycling BC. Open to ages 11-14, Skill Level 5-6.
All sessions are covered by Cycling BC’s insurance policy with Jones Brown.
How do I register my child?
Intermediate cycling skills are REQUIRED for this camp. Participants should be comfortable with the following:
- ability to lift the front wheel
- ability to ride off sidewalk curb smoothly
- ability to stop and go with 1 hand
- ability to ride green trails
- interest in mastering blue trails
- ability to exercise for 90 minutes
Please carefully read Cycling BC Skill Levels before registering. This camp is for riders at level 5 and beyond.
To prepare, please bring the following:
- Water, Lunch and snacks,
- Gloves, All-weather clothing
- Bike helmet
- Rentals are available. Please tell us during the iRide forms
- Bring a Mountain Bike
- Rentals are possible, however our stock is very limited for this older age group. Please call 604-224-7433 to inquire.
- Overnight bike storage is provided @ Cycling BC’s office (security)
- All other bikes will be provided (Track/BMX)
- Conduct a bike safety check (try one of iRide’s registered bike shops)
Participants receive a welcome email 7-14 days before the camp starts. For more information, please review iRide’s Frequently Asked Questions or send us a message.
Where are we going? (ability-pending)
- Burke Mtn Trailhead
- Crystal Falls Trailhead
- Ride near river o Mundy Park/Riverview
- Burt Flynn Trails
- Ridge Meadows BMX
- Burnaby Velodrome (1 session)
A partnership with the City of Coquitlam and Cycling BC iRide