Hello iRide Parents and Teachers,
The summer is fast approaching and it is time to ride our bikes!
Today, I would like to share the following:
- 2021 Summer Camps
- 2021 Late-Spring After-School Programs
- Parent Resources to help your child learn to ride their bike
- An invitation to participate in our iRide for Adults program, the Cycling BC Learn2Ride program this summer. All proceeds help get more kids on bikes!
- Ages 9-12: Programs will run from 9am-3pm and focus entirely on cycling skills, safety awareness, and exploring the local community by bike. We are running programs with the City of Coquitlam, City of New Westminster, and ClimbBase 5 in Coquitlam. Our Bikes & Bytes cycling and computer coding camp will return to Nelson, BC in partnership with Kootenay Mountain Biking and Traction on Demand.
- Ages 12-15: New for 2021 and designed for higher skilled riders who may have done iRide in the past, the iRide Mtn. Bike & Velodrome 5-day camp offers the chance to spend each morning at the Burnaby Velodrome and explore the mountain bike trails around Burnaby Mountain in the afternoon.
- Ages 14-18: Returning for our 4th season, the iRide Leadership program includes August coaching modules via ZOOM and a 5-day in-person camp in Squamish. This program is designed to help young riders build the skills and confidence to instruct the iRide program in a paid or volunteer position at their former elementary school during the 2022 school year.
- Quesnel: New programs for ages 7-10 in partnership with the Gold Rush Cycling Club starts May 27th
- Terrace: New programs for ages 7-10 in partnership with Good Foot Cycling starts June 2nd
- Haida Gwaii: New programs for ages 6-12 in partnership with Kermode Kids – start date pending
2021 iRide for Adults
- Cycling BC’s Learn2Ride program offers parents and adults the chance to develop their cycling skills.
- Build confidence on your bike (3 x 2-hour evening sessions)
- Learn how to ride in a group setting (additional 3 sessions)
- Register per session, or get a discount by signing up for all 6 sessions
- Full details coming in early June. Stay tuned!
To learn more about the above programs, and discover some ways to help your child get started with pedaling and riding on their own, please continue reading below.
As always, please feel free to send your questions our way.
See you on the trails!
Cycling BC iRide Manager
Swipe to view more Images