Cycling BC is currently seeking Cycling Instructors for the iRide youth cycling program in schools and communities in Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, Vernon, and the Fraser Valley. If you love riding bikes, working with kids, playing games, and making a difference in the community – iRide checks all the boxes.
Cycling BC’s iRide program is a dynamic in-school and after-school program designed to inspire kids to ride bikes and connect them to youth cycling groups throughout the province.
- The iRide In-School program:
- Consists of 3-days of biking (Tue/Wed/Thurs) with school gym classes
- Provides all the bikes/helmets/stunts for the program
- Uses game-based teaching methods
- Starts in May and concludes at the end of June with summer opportunities in specific regions
- Compensation $15-20/hr, based on role and previous experience
We are currently seeking energetic instructors for spring/summer 2020 programs in:
- May – August: Vancouver
- May – June: Fraser Valley, Victoria, Kelowna, Vernon
Previous cycling coaching experience is not required. We are looking for people who are:
- Super fun and like to smile!
- Athletic and passionate about cycling
- Open to learning new coaching and teaching skills
- Looking to gain experience delivering athletic programs
- Fluent English speakers
- Able to drive a vehicle with a trailer (required for Head Instructor applications)
Selected applicants will be contacted by the iRide Manager for an interview. Successful applicants will undergo training via Home Study in April, and meet together in person from April 30th – May 2nd.
- Gain Valuable Work Experience
- Earn Income
- Receive Mentorship and Training
- Work Outside
- Make an Impact on
- Have Fun!
APPLY TODAY! Submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Download Job Ad (PDF)