Cycling BC is currently seeking Head and Assistant Instructors for the iRide youth cycling program in schools and communities in Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, Vernon and the Fraser Valley.
If you love riding bikes, working with kids, playing games, and making a difference in the community, iRide checks all the boxes.
Cycling BC’s iRide in-school program has experienced enormous growth since 2013 and has now worked with over 45,000 students across the province. iRide’s 3-day in-school program provides bikes, helmets, stunts and a game-based learning system to help create a fun, safe and exciting introduction to cycling for kids all over BC.
The iRide In-School program:
- Consists of 3-days of biking (Tue/Wed/Thurs) with school gym classes
- Provides all the bikes/helmets/stunts for the program
- Uses game-based teaching methods
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain valuable teaching/coaching experience with kids, earn income, mentorship, training, work outdoors, and have a positive impact on the lives of hundreds of children in BC. All iRide instructors receive National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) training, on-going coach mentorship, and access to development workshops to enhance their iRide instructor experience. Previous cycling coaching experience is not required.
We are looking for people who are:
- Super fun and like to smile!
- Athletic and passionate about cycling
- Open to learning new coaching and teaching skills
- Looking to gain experience delivering athletic programs
- Fluent English speakers
- Able to drive a vehicle with a trailer (required for Head Instructor applications)
We are currently seeking energetic instructors for spring/summer 2020 programs in:
- May – August Vancouver
- May – June Kelowna, Victoria, Vernon
- June Fraser Valley
Job Descriptions (includes training and required working dates):
- Fraser Valley Head Instructor
- Fraser Valley Assistant Instructor
- Kelowna Head Instructor
- Kelowna Assistant Instructor
- Vancouver Head Instructor
- Vancouver Assistant Instructor
- Vernon Head Instructor
- Vernon Assistant Instructor
- Victoria Head Instructor
- Victoria Assistant Instructor
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] by February 15, 2020.